I have been busy. But yeah, time to pick up where I left off, with Thursday Thunks. It is now Thursday in England.
1. What is your favourite type of soda (if you drink soda)?
Soda just means fizzy drinks, right? In that case Dr. Pepper. Well actually no, there's this drink called Portello which has 50% more sugar than Coke and is only available in Sri Lanka. It's awesome. Also, just to cover all my bases, my favourite drink with the word 'soda' in it is Cream Soda.
2. Do you believe in astrology? If so, what does your sign say about you?
Hmm, not really. I'm a Scorpio, but if I'm at a stage of boredom so advanced that I'm actually reading horoscopes (probably on the train, in a newspaper I've picked up) then I'll tend to just read all of them and pick one that seems relevant to my life. Or, for a more entertaining use of my time, I'll just read the cartoons again.
3. Who is John Galt?
I googled this and went to the wiki page. This is what I do whenever something confuses me in life. However, I got bored after the first sentence.
4. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep at night?
Close my eyes. OK fine, you want a non-smartass answer, I plug my phone into its charger.
5. Who's your Daddy?
6. Jelly beans or Jelly Bellies?
OK, so I thought maybe Jelly Bellies were some American thing we didn't get over here but once again, googled, and they look exactly the same as jelly beans. Is that the point of the question? Well screw that, I'm going with Jelly Babies. Yeah, now that's a transatlantic reference that YOU don't get. Ha.
7. What do you think about yellow car? Why car manufacturer actually made yellow cars?
And here's another one that I don't get. Well, actually, I have seen this on American TV shows and stuff. Over here though, there's a whole variety of other games that involve being able to legitimately punch your friends. My favourite is the one where you make a ring with your thumb and index finger, and have to make the other person look at it whilst keeping your hand below waist height.
8. Holding on or Letting go?
In theory the latter but in practice the former.
9. What kind of underwear, if any, do you wear?
10. Who is your daddy and what does he do?
Huh, obsessive much? He did something with computers, now he's retired.
11. Spring - is it here yet??
Yes. Because the midges are out, and soon I won't be able to open my window in the evenings without experiencing my very own 3rd plague of Egypt.
12. Does Google Streetview scare you?
No, the Ebola virus scares me. If someone knows where I live anyway, there's a lot worse they can do than look at a picture of my house on their computer.
13. What is your favourite brand of ice cream?
Ben & Jerry's. My favourite flavour is not by them, but I like them best overall.
14. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
Haagen-Dazs Pralines & Cream.
15. Do you ever get tired of your everyday routine?
I tend not to keep one for very long, such is the life of a student. But sometimes, some parts, yes. But that's generally because they're dull and/or unpleasant rather than just because they're routine.
16. What inspires you?
Hmm. Being creative? Making people laugh? Some combination thereof? Alternatively, my friends.
17. It’s springtime-do you spend more time outdoors?
Only if there are sufficiently few midges.
18. When do you think Bud will let us see the DVD of him and the french twins?
As soon as he's figured out an appropriate pricing strategy.
19. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you, and why?
London, because it's awesome and I'm unadventurous and all my friends live there. If I was a little braver I'd say New York for a year or two just so I could see all the seasons, and maybe Hong Kong again for a bit longer than last time, if the right people were there with me.
20. Why do you blog?
Because my mother never hugs me. No that's not true, the woman is like a bear. I think the reason is whatever I said in my first post however many weeks ago - I made a new year's resolution to write more stuff, and I'm an attention-seeking prick.
21. What are electrolytes and why are they good for us?
As a (former) science student I can say that electrolytes are electricity-conducting substances containing free ions. That is all.
22. Do you twitter? Why or why not?
No, because I really cannot be bothered to figure it out. However I do occasionally look at the pages of certain celebrities, notably Seth Rogen, who is one of my idols, and Christopher Walken, who is a living god.
23. What did you dream last night?
Dammit. I never usually remember when I wake up, but today I did. And now I don't. Well this'll eat at my brain for a good few hours.
24. What is the strangest thing you've eaten?
Donkey, in China. Tasted like beef.
25. What was the last picture that you took?
My friend sitting in the boot of my other friend's Smart car.
26. what is your favorite part of spring?
The combination of the sunshine and the breeze.
27. what is one thing that you did this past week that no one knows about?
I bought a new toothbrush.
28. What kind of bandages do you typically have in your household?
None, as far as I know. There's plasters though.
Coming soon, from Pixar… - Harry says this little scene was the culmination of “a classic washing-up feud” at his office in London. (Kind of adorable, right? I would SO watch a movie...
1 year ago