Sunday 1 March 2009

Sunday Stealing

Another meme today: Sunday Stealing: The Procrastination Tool Meme.  This one appears to be designed to take up a whole bunch of my time, and since I'm avoiding some rather dull work, I could not be more pleased. Let's begin.

1. What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?

Gourmet Burger Kitchen. Dunno if they have that exact chain in the States but seriously, the blue cheese sauce is like crack.

2. What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it?

Pretty much any food that I like. I'm strange that way, I may be one of the dullest people you will ever meet foodwise. But since I feel compelled to give a specific answer, I'll go with peanut butter sandwiches since I ate that for 14 years straight, until they had to take it away from me.

3. Have you ever had anything removed from your body?

Ow, no. Touch wood.

4. What is the last heavy item you lifted?

A box containing several hundred extremely cheap scarves, gloves and handbags. I have strange friends.

5. Have you ever been knocked unconscious?

Nuhuh. I may have passed out drunk, does that count? Although in those situations I can never tell the difference between passing out and just falling asleep...

6. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?

Hell no. For all the obvious reasons.

7. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?

You know, I think by this point I actually wouldn't bother. I'm used to my name, it works, and anything cool I tried to think up would end up overshooting just that little bit into lame.

8. What’s your goal for the year?

I had two, to write more stuff (going well, as mentioned) and to learn to sing and play the guitar at the same time. That one was going alright but then I left my guitar in my best friend's room about a month ago after an unsuccessful duetting attempt.

9. Last person you hugged?

The Grace to my Will (not actually gay though, for the record), couple days ago.

10. First place you went this morning?

Shower. Can't function very well before then.

11. Do you always answer your phone?

If I realise it's ringing then yes, with exceptions: tend to ignore family when out with friends, tend to ignore friends when in the car with family, sometimes ignore unknown numbers depending on my mood.

12. It’s four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?

This could actually be any number of people. I know at least one insomniac, a couple of people who are often drunk, and someone who is currently somewhere in the world where 4 in the morning my time would be noon.

13. If you could change your eye color what would it be?

Judging by the coloured contacts I bought in Hong Kong, an unnatural shade of blue.

14. What’s on your wish list for your birthday?

Wow, I never even know this a week before the day, let alone 8 months. I guess a car would be nice, I'm lucky enough that I seem to have most smaller things that I want.

15. Does the future make you more nervous or excited?

Both. The idea of living with at least one of my friends, and the slightly more distant possibility of living with a bunch of them, Friends-style, makes me very happy. Career-wise, if my future is as a writer, then definitely excited, otherwise nervous.

16. Do you have any saved texts?

Couple hundred. I've had my phone for a little over 2 years and have kept almost every text that's seriously amused me in that time (So many phone references today, sorry Tilli).

17. Ever been in a car wreck?

No. Again, touch wood.

18. Do you have an accent?

I don't think so. London-ish if anything, innit mate.

19. What was the last song to make you cry?

When I was about 7 "Fairground" by Simply Red used to make me really really sad, cos of things I associated it with, I probably did cry a couple times. I don't think I've cried for quite a few years now, although a few films and one song get me close to it. That one song, by way of an answer to this question, is "Tears in Heaven".

20. What did you do last night?

I had dinner with a friend, then came back to my room with the intention of working and spent a couple hours rediscovering the best songs of the early 90's with another friend on MSN.

21. Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?

I think so, bit more than a year ago. Got a lot better. Sounds corny as fuck, but you can never be at rock bottom as long you have friends.

22. Current hate right now?

Essays.

23. Met someone who changed your life?

Repeatedly, mostly between the years 2003 and 2006.

24. How did you bring in the New Year?

With my family, halfway across the world, at some sort of seafood buffet dinner dance with a lot of over-50 year olds. It was actually somewhat dull, until idiotic drunken freshies started playing with fireworks and I had to protect my little brother. I think next year I may be in London for once, yay!

25. What song represents you?

Geto Boys - "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta". No, I don't REALLY think I'm a gangsta. It's just such a laid back song.

That was fun, go play!

2 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

You and my husband....peanut butter. That's a staple in his diet. Maybe I should take it away from him too, then, huh? No.....I wanna live a bit longer.

Mine are posted now. I'd love to have you stop by to view and keep me company for a while!! Happy Sunday.

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

I think passing out drunk should count! Have a great day...