Sunday 12 April 2009

But it's not Thursday!

It is, however, a meme. Maybe one day soon I'll have the time and effort to make original posts as well. For now though, Sunday Stealing.

1. What is your current obsession?

I am by default obsessed with Tottenham Hotspur football club, at the moment I have no other overriding obsession so I'll stick with that.

2. What’s a good coffee place?

At uni we always favoured the Starbucks in Borders, so as globalised as you can get really. That's because they had books, magazines, and sofas we could fall asleep on on Sunday afternoons. But the small family-run places make the best hot chocolate.

3. Who was the last person that you hugged?

Ha, same person as last time I did this question, once again a couple days ago. Or another of my best friends, whoever left my house first, I don't remember.

4. Do you nap a lot?

Very very rarely, I tend to feel half dead when I wake up from naps. So only if I'm so tired that I already feel half dead anyway.

5. Tonight, what’s for dinner?

Chicken.

6. What was the last thing that you bought?

The Alien Quadrilogy DVD box set. For £8, I could not resist, I swear the damn thing was £80 when it came out.

7. What is your favorite weather?

Sunny enough that I can wear a t-shirt with no jacket, but not hot enough to sweat.

8. Tell us something about one blogger who you think will play this week?

Hmm, I've only done this like once before. Does Bud do this one? If so, he is sarcastic, funny and mildly perverted (in a good way).

9. If you were given a free house that was full furnished, where in the world would you like it to be?

Somewhere in Central London, maybe south of the river.

10. Name three things that you could not live without.

Friends, laptop, phone.

11. What would you like in your hands right now?

The answers to the exams I have in 10 days.

12. What’s one of your guilty pleasures?

Backstreet Boys and other 90's boyband music.

13. What would you change or eliminate about yourself?

I would like more self-confidence and the ability to grow a proper beard. I wonder if the two are correlated.

14. As a child, what type of career did you want?

I aspired to the lofty ambitions of road sweeper or supermarket checkout guy. I liked the uniforms.

15. What are you missing right now?

Friends, freedom, family.

16. What are you currently reading?

Sigh. An economics textbook.

17. What do you fear the most?

Spiders and dying alone.

18. What’s the best movie that you’ve seen recently?

This has been a slow couple of months for me movie-wise, I am eagerly anticipating seeing Wolverine, I Love You Man and Observe & Report in a couple of weeks after exams. Possibly all on the same day. To get back to the question, it wasn't really that recent but City of God.

19. What’s your favourite book from the past year?

Glass Books of the Dream Eaters.

20. Is there a comfort food from your childhood that you still enjoy?

Peanut butter. I feel this has been involved in a lot of my meme answers...

10 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Good luck on the exam!!!!

My "Sunday" stealing is now posted...please scroll down beyond the Easter pictures to view my answers.

Lisa G said...

Great buy. Aliens is in my top 5 favorite movies ever list :)

Bud Weiser, WTIT said...

Yes I do this one. In fact it started out as a feature only on my blog. After a couple of years we decided to syndicate it. It's a lot more fun now. Hey I got those test answers. I would have sold them for £10. But you only said I was MILDLY perverted, so send me £45. Oh. And I’m not saying they are the right answers…

His d said...

i wish i could have heard your weird form of English, but i settled for seeing it instead. Wish i could join you on your after-exam movie marathon--i want to see all those, too.

I am Harriet said...

Happy Sunday Stealing.
Seems like a lot of people son't like spiders.

katiefinger said...

Another Brit indeedy :-). I like your childhood aspirations ... I always think our road sweeper is quite contented; early mornings, a sweep of his broom, flirting with the old ladies and an early finish. Not to mention that uniform ...

kalea_kane said...

Good luck with those exam answers. :) Heck, good luck with the exams period! Happy Sunday!

Kelly

Spyke said...

Anni and Kelly - Thanks a lot for the good luck wishes!

NurseExec - To my shame I haven't seen any of them, now is my chance to rectify this.

Bud - Did not know. And there may come a point when I'll be willing to give even dubious answers a go. I'll be in touch...

His d - Hope I managed to convey the Englishness. If you're from the US, aren't at least 2 of those films already out? Go go go!

Harriet - With very, VERY good reason. *shudders*

Katie - I knew I wasn't completely insane as a child. Admittedly flirting with old ladies never occurred to me though.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Berleen said...

Take any question and you can put peanut butter in the answer somehow. Trust me... you can!

Good luck with the exams! :)

Spyke said...

I am starting to discover this is the case. And thanks!